It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (to Keep Your Mouth Healthy)
Holidays mean spending quality time with family and friends, taking time off from work, and, let’s face it: eating a lot of delicious food. But it’s neither smart nor healthy to let dental hygiene go by the wayside during the holiday season.
We’d like to help your mouth and teeth stay happy and healthy over the holidays by sharing a few tips to help you smile more:
- Keep hydrated: Drink plenty of water. Not only does water have positive effects on your overall health, it’s also a good way to prevent bad breath, as water flushes out lingering bacteria in the mouth.
- Maintain your daily oral hygiene routine: Holidays -- particularly if you’re traveling -- can throw off your schedule. Make sure to continue brushing teeth at least twice a day and flossing once a day.
- Reduce your intake of holiday treats: We didn’t say “eliminate.” We said, “reduce.” It can be challenging if not impossible to avoid indulging in sweets, gummies, candies, and pastries. But making an effort to limit consumption can only help. If you do load up on the candy, try to reward your teeth by brushing thoroughly soon after. Also, reduce your intake of carbonated sodas, and sugary treats to reduce the likelihood of developing dental issues in the long run.
- Think about -- and prepare -- alternatives to sweets: There are more options than fruit cake and candy canes (thankfully). Make sure you can grab some crunchy fresh veggies and fruits as healthy options.
- Mind your teeth! No matter how much those shelled nuts are calling for you, you’re not a nutcracker! If you don’t have a nutcracker, look for other food options. One wrong bite can cause a lot of discomfort and costly damage.
Skipping dental checkups might get you on the naughty list, so don’t forget to schedule them. We’re kidding! But call SmileMore today to schedule an appointment, at 860-646-1535, or visit click here to visit our website and learn more about our services. And have a happy and healthy holiday season.
Smile-More Office Happenings - December
I am grateful for a great year working with my wonderful team.
Wishing warm blessings to each and every one of our patients and your loved ones.
Enjoy and be safe!
YOU COULD ACTUALLY SAVE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS BY USING YOUR DENTAL BENEFITS BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR!
Another year is coming to an end and we wanted to remind you to make sure you take advantage of any unused insurance benefits you may have remaining, since most companies do not allow you to carry these over to the next year. You can apply unused HSA dollars to your co-pay amounts as well.
If you are someone without insurance, no worries! We have a program called Carecredit. This is a healthcare credit card with applications available in the office, and it allows you to span out payments without finance charges for 6-12 months. It also can be used on any out of pocket expenses after your benefits.
The end of the year is fast approaching! We would like to schedule your appointment to maximize your insurance benefits. Call us at 860-646-1535!!
Tell your friends about us!
Visit our Website
599 Main Street
Manchester, CT 06040
Help Make Us Shine!
Write a Review about your most recent visit with us!
Want to learn more on how to post a Google + review? Click here
Learn More about our practice!
Click here to watch the video