Although extensive measures have been taken in our clinic to ensure the safety of our patients and team from the risks of exposure associated with COVID-19, we received notification from the American Optometric Association (AOA) that the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) last night, March, 17, 2020 at 5:50pm ET, recommended postponing Routine Vision Exams for the time being.
Although we are fortunate to have a healthy patient base and minimal cases confirmed in Ada County, we believe it would be negligent and unethical of us to ignore the recommendations of the CDC and AOA to postpone non-urgent, routine care. Therefore, we will be contacting all patients scheduled for routine care within the next month to tentatively reschedule their appointments. We will re-evaluate on April 15, 2020 and notify patients of any changes we will be making.
The care of our patients is of utmost importance to us and we will be continuing to serve our patients in the following ways until further notice:
- Any patients with non-routine vision and eye health needs including: eye injury, infection, disease management, experiencing flashes, floaters, sudden loss of vision, pain, redness, light sensitivity, discharge, etc. are encouraged to call or text our office at 208-322-8439. These patients will be set up with an appointment to receive telehealth care from Dr. Drean at which time she will first attempt to care for you remotely and then advise you, as medically necessary, for you to visit our clinic. If an in person visit is determined necessary, patients will be scheduled on an hourly basis to avoid the number of patients in our office at the same time.
- Our office will be physically closed except by appointment only with the doctor but we will remain virtually open during our regular business hours.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am-7:00pm
- Friday 8:00am-3:00pm
- Closed: 1pm-2pm daily for lunch, Saturday and Sunday
- We DO NOT want our patients to be wearing their contact lenses longer than prescribed by Dr. Drean, therefore, if you were scheduled for your routine contact lens exam and will now be running out of contact lenses before your rescheduled appointment, please contact our office via phone, text or email so we can help you stay healthy with your contact lenses.
- If you recently order glasses through our office, please be advised that there may be delays that are out of our control. We ask you to refrain from picking up your glasses if at all possible but if you have no other form of vision correction please contact our office to schedule a time for pick up, we will not be allowing any walk-ins until at least April 15, 2020.
- If you are in need of a medication refill please ask your pharmacy to request one on your behalf electronically. Dr. Drean receives those updates in real time and can respond very quickly to these requests. We DO NOT want you skipping dosages or postponing dosages of any medications prescribed by Dr. Drean. If you are unable to request this via the pharmacy, please send a message to Dr. Drean through your secure patient portal.
- If you have any questions or concerns for your doctor, you may also contact her directly through your patient portal. Please go to gemstateeyes.com to access the portal and contact our office if you have issues with that system or have not yet activated your portal.
We wish you all excellent health and safety during this time.
Jennifer Drean, OD
Gem State Family Eyecare, PC
11513 W. Fairview Avenue, Suite 106
Boise, ID 83705
208-322-8439 (phone or text)